ELC families – share your Family Food Favorites HERE!
Our team works from the belief that hands-on food, farm, and nutrition education is fundamental to developing meaningful connections to our food and is essential to supporting the success of children and families. We want children to be involved in selecting food, growing food, and preparing food. At the same time, we want to support our local food economy while helping children make connections between the natural world, the food on their plate, and the community members who help put it there.
In this first year we plan to:
- Include more local items on our snack menu
- Update our kitchen to improve efficiency and increase the volume of food we can store and prepare in house
- Involve children in menu planning
- Procure a hoop house to extend our outdoor learning space and growing season
- Offer professional development to the ELC team to support the integration of Farm to School into the curriculum
- Build our Farm to School Committee membership
- Deepen our relationships with like-minded community organizations
Help us get started with our goal, “Involve children in menu planning,” by taking this quick survey to share your family’s food favorites! TAKE SURVEY
*Graphics from Wannapik.com, pixabay.com, pixy.com, and creazilla.com