The Supervised Visitation Program (SVP) is part of a multidisciplinary team of providers located at the Winston Prouty Center for Child and Family Development in Brattleboro. The Supervised Visitation Program strives to help families function together in safe and healthy ways. It provides an open and welcoming environment for parents and children to foster and support building and maintaining secure and healthy relationships.
You have the power to build healthy relationships for you and your child and we are here to help you do that!
- A program that allows a child to interact with a parent in the presence of a neutral third party who is trained to ensure the safety of the child.
- Weekly visitation for a non-custodial parent. (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm)
- A program that believes children need safe, nurturing, and consistent contact with both of their parents. Children should be the focus, not the dispute between parents. Children need reassurance that they are loved and wanted. Actions speak louder than words; compliment your child, praise them for a good job done, and be emotionally present for them. Being present for your child during your visits is crucial, as it is often the children that suffer the most during difficult times.
- A program that strives to always create an environment that allows children to feel safe and able to convey any concerns or needs they may have. Staff at the SVP may aid in communication between the child(ren) and both parents as needed.
- Accept referrals from community partners with a family’s verbal consent or directly from a family in need.
- Provide Fully Supervised Visitation, Semi Supervised Visitation and Supervised Exchanges between the child(ren) and the non-custodial parent.
- Help parents who would like to enhance their parenting skills by giving parenting information or coaching in the moment.
- Decline services for all individuals and/or families that are deemed inappropriate for services.
- Terminate/Cancel services with any participant, at any time, at its sole discretion.
Supervised Visitation Coordinator
Phone: 802-257-2101 x221 (office) 802-242-6223 (cell)