The group meets weekly on Tuesday from 2:00-3:30pm on the Winston Prouty Campus. During the winter months, the regular meeting spot is in Thomas Hall. The address is 209 Austine Drive, Brattleboro.
The Prouty Parent-Baby Group is a way to connect and to learn from and lean on each other while parenting a new child. Each week, we focus on a topic to support your life as a parent. You can swap best practices with fellow parents in the area and get answers to your questions from our maternal child health and lactation professionals.
Babes in arms and young children are welcome!
Discussions are facilitated by the Winston Prouty Center for Child and Family Development’s maternal child health nurses Sally Pennington, RNC, IBCLC; Autumn Blais, RN, PNP; and Emma Schneider, RN.
January 30th – Resources for Kids! with Sandy Stark
There isn’t a resource in town that Sandy doesn’t know about! We’ll talk about local play groups, community resources, child care, and more.
February 6th – Helping Baby Sleep with Sally Pennington, RN, IBCLC
Sally will review different approaches that can help your baby sleep so you can too! Babies grow and change quickly. What worked last week may no longer be effective. As a baby’s sleep biology changes so do the strategies that work. Please join us to share your strategies and learn more about other approaches.
February 13th – Potty Training with Manzi Wilde
February 20th – Transitioning to Childcare with Laura Beatty, Child Care Referral Specialist
Curious about how to navigate the transition to childcare? We’ll talk about options, questions to ask providers, subsidy, and more!
February 27 – Reflections on Birthing in Our Community with Deb Kitzmiller, Vermont Department of Health
Public health nurse Deb Kitzmiller wants to hear from you! What went well in your prenatal and postpartum care? Where could our community strengthen itself? What resources have been easy or hard to access?
Have questions? Email at email@example.com.
- Back to the Basics: Fun Ways to Promote Health Development, with Sandy Stark from Early Education Services
- When will they…? – Child Development Q&A with Nancy McMahon, Winston Prouty Center
- Yoga with Baby! Try out a yoga with baby sampler with perinatal yoga specialist Melissa Boyles.
- Understanding and Healing Your Postpartum Body with Pelvic Floor PT
- Infant Dental Health (bonus — Silly Songs & Baby Costume Party!?)
- Before, During, and After: Preparation and Support for Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum
- Infant Safety Q&A
- Navigating the Holidays + Baby Print Card Art!
- Reading and Library Fun
- Navigating Family Relationships with Nancy Wohl
- Baby Led Weaning with Sally Pennington
- Sleep Q&A with Axis Monet
- Pumping, Bottles, and Beyond with Sally Pennington
- Attachment and Co-Parenting with Hayley Rowland
Prouty Parent-Baby Group is a place to connect, learn, and lean on each other for support. You will hear a range of ideas and possibilities on various topics. Take what works for you. You know yourself and your baby best. We kindly ask that everyone have a chance to speak without interruption. If you have some good advice to offer, please ask first if this is what they want. Sometimes being seen and heard with compassion and understanding is just what they need, what we all need.