Kids in Coats: Free winter gear for families
If your family needs assistance with winter outerwear for children, you may be eligible for United Way of Windham County’s Kids in Coats Fund. Here is a summary of the eligibility guidelines for KIC:
- Children ages 0-grade 6 are eligible for assistance;
- Children must reside in Windham County;
- Families must be at or below 130% of federal poverty level;
- Families will receive vouchers (valid November 6, 2017 – January 7, 2018) for use at participating stores (inc. resale and retail) to purchase winter outerwear; and
- All eligible families may not receive assistance, due to limited resources; there will be a lottery system for all eligible families. ONLY eligible families will be included.
All applications must come through a referral source such social service agencies, schools or early childhood providers: no self-referrals are accepted.
The Winston Prouty Center can accept applications for the Kids in Coats fund. For an application, contact us at 257-7852, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or print the application below and mail it to 209 Austine Drive in Brattleboro, VT 05301. Applications are due October 13, 2017.
For more information about the program, visit unitedwaywindham.org or call United Way of Windham County at 802.257.4011 x111.