PreK Teacher – The Townshend Elementary School
Seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and motivated multi-age PreK teacher for the 2019-2020 academic year. The successful candidate for this position will:
- Hold the appropriate Vermont teacher license or be eligible for a Vermont teacher’s license.
- Possess a strong foundation with the Vermont Early Learning Standards, Licensing Regulations and STARs.
- Possess a strong foundation with Literacy and Math Instruction in the primary grades.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a program that integrates VELS and Kindergarten Common Core Standards to
effectively meet the differentiated needs of all learners.
- Have knowledge of NGSS and instruction strategies for early grades implementation
- Have the skills necessary to integrate technology into his/her teaching on a daily basis
- Be able to collaborate with colleagues and engage in ongoing vertical teaming that ensures a successful learning progression for all students in our school.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate with students, parents and peers.
- Be able to establish a caring, respectful and engaging learning environment for all.
Teacher Assistant/Aide – Horizon Early Learning Program
The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents children’s interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Teacher Assistant are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director. Teacher Assistant is responsible for supporting all staff by completing daily cleaning responsibilities, as well.
Click here for full job description, including pay scale and educational and skill requirements.
To apply, send resume along with 3 letters of reference to: Horizon Early Learning, 16 Bradley Ave, Brattleboro, VT 05301 OR Fax to 802-490-2987 OR Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
VT Licensed Teacher with an ECE Endorsement – Hilltop Montessori School
Hilltop Montessori School is an authentic, established Montessori school founded in 1972. The school has a 43-acre custom built facility that houses a Toddler Room (18-36 months), two bright, sunny Children’s House (3-6 years) classrooms, a Lower Elementary (6-9 years), an Upper Elementary (9-12 years), as well as a fully equipped kitchen area, art, and music rooms. The Middle School (12-14 years) enjoys its own house with comparable facilities. There are playgrounds, woods and trails for hiking and cross country skiing, gardens, a greenhouse and a pond. 130 students / 24 faculty-staff / American Montessori Society Full Accreditation in progress.
We are looking for someone to help us fulfill our PreK Partnership Program requirements for a “Vermont educator license with an endorsement in either early childhood education or early childhood special education”. This position is a minimum of 10 hours per week during the morning hours. Responsibilities include working with children ages 3-6 and doing observations and using Teaching Strategies GOLD to document and evaluate children’s progress. Competitive salary and benefits offered. To express interest and/or get more information please send a cover letter and resume to Head of School, Tamara Mount, email@example.com.
Full-time Infant/Toddler Teacher – Miss Martha’s Early Learning Program
New hildcare in Brattleboro is seeking a Full Time Teacher Assistant to help lead teacher in the infant/toddler classroom. Candidate must have a CDA and at least 12 months experience working with children, or have taken the Fundamentals for Early Childhood Education and 12 months experience working with children, or has taken at least one 3 credit college course in child or human development and at least 12 months experience. Must pass a record check and have CPR/ First Aid certification.
If interested, please contact Martha Missale at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-490-4883.
Early Childhood Educator – The Neighborhood Schoolhouse
Assistant Teacher – The Welcoming Place at the Brattleboro Retreat
Looking for a 25 hour a week dependable early educator who can work a 5:45am- 10:45am shift Monday through Friday.
Must be great with parents in addiction recovery. The Retreat offers excellent benefits and free conferences.
Call Kay Curtis for questions about the position. (802) 258-7470
Director – The Garland School
About us: we are an independent Nursery and Kindergarten program, which follows the principles of nature-based and Waldorf education. We trust the child’s innate capacity for learning and support this capacity with outdoor exploration, purposeful work, and imaginative and free play within a strong daily rhythm. The Garland School serves children 1 to 6 years old.
The Garland School, in Brattleboro Vermont, has an exciting opportunity for a Director to join and lead our dedicated staff. We are seeking a qualified, committed, and compassionate individual who will continue to create a supportive community for our families and staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish a safe, healthy, and welcoming child care/preschool, and oversee programs and activities to engage and educate young children.
- Maintain open lines of communication with board, staff, parents, and children
- Ensure full compliance with The Garland School philosophy and state licensing regulations
- Program Administration – manage the day-to-day activities of the school, public funding (ACT 166 and CACFP), enrollment, and financial oversight.
The right person for this position will have: (1) Waldorf experience with the care for young children and their families; (2) creative and nurturing leadership & supervisory skills; (3) strong organizational and communication skills; and (4) the ability to motivate and work collaboratively to provide a positive environment for board, staff, children and families.
Our preferred qualifications are a Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education Administration, Childhood Development, or closely related field; a valid Vermont Teaching license, Early Childhood Education Certificate or eligibility; and at least three years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Early Childhood Education Licensure (or applicable certification)
If you feel that you are the right person for this position, we look forward to hearing from you. Salary commensurate with experience. 30 hours per week.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please contact Nathaniel Rowan (347) 534-7804 with any questions about these jobs.
Have a job to post? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.