Brattleboro New Mom’s group meets weekly on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00 in the Exercise Room of BMH. New mom’s have the opportunity to enjoy each other’s company, have access to skilled lactation support, and learn from community presenters on a variety of topics including infant physical and emotional development, dental health, starting solids, and planning a return to work.
Beginning in 2019, New Moms will be staffed by Winston Prouty Center’s maternal child Health nurses and lactation specialists Sally Pennington, RN, IBCLC and Jean Vulte, RN, WHNP, LC.
There is no charge and no registration is needed to attend.
Upcoming schedule for New Mom’s Group*
*subject to change, please visit the New Mom’s Group’s Facebook page for updates
- February 13, 2019: Raising an Emotionally Health Baby with Jennifer Emerson, LMFT, child and family therapits at HCRS
- February 20, 2019: Baby Wearing (bring your baby carriers) with Michelle Stephens
- February 27, 2019: Chinese Massage & Acupressure for Infant Health with- Michaela Wood
- March 6, 2019:Mom and Baby yoga with Jessica Greene
- March 13, 2019: Raising and Authentic & Competent Baby with Nancy McMahaon, infant development specialist & Resources for Infant Educarers of Infants (REI) practitioner of the Winston Prouty Early Learning Center
- March 20, 2019: Returning to Work – Making it Work
- March 27, 2019: Keeping the Love Alive with Your Partner (when you may not want to)
- April 3, 2019: Herbs for Breastfeeding & Postpartum Well-Being with Juliette Carr
- April 10, 2019: TBD
- April 17, 2019: Postpartum Feelings with Loren Cole