If your family needs assistance with winter outerwear for children, you may be eligible for United Way of Windham County’s Kids in Coats Fund.
Here is a summary of the eligibility guidelines for KIC:
- Children ages 0-grade 6 are eligible for assistance;
- Children must reside in Windham County;
- Families must be at or below 130% of federal poverty level;
- Families will receive vouchers (valid November 5, 2018 – January 15, 2019) for use at participating stores (inc. resale and retail) to purchase winter outerwear, providing them more flexibility based on their resources; and
- All eligible families may not receive assistance, due to limited resources; there will be a lottery system for all eligible families.
All applications must come through a referral source; no self-referrals are accepted. Winston Prouty Center is a referring agency for the KIC fund
Need an application? Contact Winston Prouty at 802-257-7852
Completed applications must be submitted to the Winston Prouty Center by October 17, 2018 to be considered for any assistance. This is a firm deadline.