The Farmers to Families food box program will be taking a short break in food distributions between June 22 and July 3. The State of Vermont, the Vermont National Guard, the Abbey Group, and the Vermont Foodbank are taking this time to prepare for the next phase of this program which will run in July and August and will include a combination of multiple smaller food distributions while also providing Farmers to Families food boxes at some larger partner organizations.
During this break in distributions, we encourage anyone struggling to access food to look into these other great resources:
- 3SquaresVT – Has your household lost pay? Have your childcare expenses increased? 3SquaresVT is here for you and your family. You could be eligible to receive a 3SquaresVT benefit or increase the benefit you already receive. We can help you apply. Visit the Foodbank’s 3SquaresVT page, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-855-855-6181, or text VFBSNAP to 85511
- WIC: WIC gives you access to healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, and breastfeeding support. If you’re pregnant, a caregiver, or a parent with a child under five, WIC is right for you! To find out more and apply visit https://www.healthvermont.gov/family/wic or text VTWIC to 85511.
- Find a food shelf – The Vermont Foodbank partners with 215 food shelves, meal sites, senior centers, homeless shelters and out of school programs across the state. Find a site close to you through our food shelf listings.
- CSFP – The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) is a federal nutrition program which offers free monthly nutrition information and nutritious foods to income-eligible older adults. Learn more at vtfoodbank.org/csfp.
- 2-1-1 – The Vermont 2-1-1 database contains detailed descriptions of programs and services available to Vermonters that are provided by local community groups, social service and health-related agencies, government organizations, and others.
- Meal Programs for Older Vermonters – For more information about meals for older adults, please call the Helpline at 1-800-642-5119.
- Visit vtfoodbank.org/gethelp