If your family needs assistance with winter outerwear for children, you may be eligible for United Way of Windham County’s Kids in Coats Fund.
Here is a summary of the eligibility guidelines for KIC:
- Children ages 0-grade 6 are eligible for assistance;
- Children must reside in Windham County;
- Families must be at or below 130% of federal poverty level;
- Families will receive vouchers (valid November 6, 2019 – January 15, 2020) for use at participating stores (inc. resale and retail) to purchase winter outerwear, providing them more flexibility based on their resources; and
- All eligible families may not receive assistance, due to limited resources; there will be a lottery system for all eligible families.
All applications must come through a referral source; no self-referrals are accepted. Winston Prouty Center is a referring agency for the KIC fund. Please contact Winston Prouty for more information.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Winston Prouty Center by October 24, 2019 to be considered for any assistance. This is a firm deadline.