Vermont Early Learning Standards Institutes
Three 2-day sessions about the Vermont Early Learning Standards (VELS) for K-3 teachers, childcare providers, public/private PreKstaff, administrators, Head Start, early childhood mental health providers, early childhood special educators, specialists and other educators.
The cost is $50 per session. Register by September 10, 2017 for all 3 and get one free! 12 Professional Development hours will be awarded for each Institute.
Each one of the VELS Institutes focuses on specific sections, domains, and elements from infancy through Grade 3. Lunch provided. Hotel accommodations are not included but lodging is available on-site at conference rates.
Institute 1: September 28 and 29, 2017
- Domains: Approaches to Learning, Social and Emotional
Development, Growing, Moving & Being Healthy
- Presenters: Lori Erbrederis Meyer, University of Vermont & Carol McQuillen, Teacher, So. Burlington School District
- Location: Lake Morey Conference Center, Fairlee, VT
Institute 2: October 23 and 24, 2017
- Domains: Learning About Our World: Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- Presenters: Sally Anderson, Exec. Director, Vermont Center for the Book & Greg DeFrancis, Director of Education, Montshire Museum of Science
- Location: Killington Grand Hotel, Killington, VT
Institute 3: December 7 and 8, 2017
- Domains: Language Development, Literacy Development, Creative Arts & Expression
- Presenters: Susan M. Moore, Professor Emerita, UCB, Boulder & Clara Perez-Mendez, Puentes Culturales
- Location: Sheraton Burlington Hotel, Williston Road, Burlington, VT